For the most recent off-road news, trail reports, tech articles, dirt bike tips and more...


    Be sure to visit us at our new site!!

    Blazeofgloryoffroad.com

    1984 cr250, rebuild


    Why did it take me so long to get back into dirt bikes? Thanks to Brayden, I have found my way back to a sport that my mother feared would be the end of me when I was younger and living at home. After we found a killer deal on a 1998 KTM 50cc dirt bike for my son, I went searching and found this 1984 CR250 for myself. Basically it was the cheapest thing that I could find that ran and still had respectable power. When I bought it around September of last year, it ran great and served me well for a couple of months, but I couldn't resist tearing it apart to see if I could get more power and performance, and update the look a little if I could. To help with the power and performance I installed some aftermarket Boyesen Power Reeds, cooked the old exhaust pipe out in my wife's stove, shortened and repacked the silencer, re-sealed the fork, and rebuilt and tuned the carb. The updated looks came from a 1990 seat and rear fender that I found on ebay. I had to do some trimming and minor fabrication, but I think it turned out pretty good in the end. I am happy with the end result, and should serve well enough for a while. It's been fun to change things up a bit. The family seems to like blazing the trails with atv's better than the rock crawling.

    Related Links,