For the most recent off-road news, trail reports, tech articles, dirt bike tips and more...


    Be sure to visit us at our new site!!

    Blazeofgloryoffroad.com

    Bountiful Canyon Ride

    I finally found what I was looking for! I had heard of the trails "over by the B" before, but for some reason, just never looked hard enough to find them. These are fairly close to home and within 5 minutes from work. Here are some pics, but please don't go there, I want this area all to myself! There are better trails, but none better in the immediate area. I still haven't touched the opportunities here as there are many trails that I just didn't have time to ride. My only excuse is that I have not lived here long enough or ridden long enough to know about this area. It's a great place to go for an evening ride or a weekend camp out.

    Here is the trail head at the bottom of the canyon. There are many spurs here that branch off in many directions. I ended up taking the "buckhalter ridge" trail that ended up feeding into the main canyon road a little more than halfway up the canyon.




    Here is the top of the buckhalter ridge trail where it feeds into the main canyon road.
    Near the top, there is another road that branches to the east called the "sessions Mtn road" on the map. This road traveled for many miles and had many branches to other trails. There were many good camp sites as well.






    Here is the spur I took. It started smooth and ended rocky!
    I rode back up this part..
    And up this part...
    Then right when I could see the top, I lost my momentum and balance and tipped the bike over. Good thing I had that new sunline break-away clutch lever! It took a major hit on the rock and then sprung right back into place. The grips held up killer as well! After catching my breath and nearly passing out from exhaustion, I started the bike back up and had to push it up the rest of the way with help from the bike. I just couldn't my momentum/balance back at this point in order to ride up. At least I rode %75 of the way up. It took all my energy just to do that.
    I didn't have enough gas in the tank to explore this trail. My bike was running low as well!
    I thought I was on the buckhalter ridge trail when I started this one to go back down, but at this point I knew I was on a new trail. Coming back up this one may have been the best of the bunch. It led down to a mine, or a cave of some sort, then it had more spurs, but I thought it best to head back up where I knew where I was going because it was getting late and I wasn't quite sure how much fuel I had. Next time I will go prepared with more fuel for myself and my bike! Hopefully next time we will be camped up top.


    I thought this was a mine at first, but it really looks like in might be a cave now that I look at it. This will have to be explored more later.

    Related Links,