For the most recent off-road news, trail reports, tech articles, dirt bike tips and more...


    Be sure to visit us at our new site!!

    Blazeofgloryoffroad.com

    Awesome Custom Buggy Video, Buggy Basics

    This is definitely one of the sweetest mini buggies I've seen in a while. This is an example of what can be done with enough money and the means to build. I have a hard time seeing the purpose of a single seater of this nature, but It's definitely hard core and looks like a blast to drive! Be sure to watch the entire vid, it gets good towards the end. It's unreal how it soaks up the landings!



    I was curious to try to get an idea of just how much this kind of machine would cost. Before you even start on a project like this you have to know your goals, what you are building it for, what's your budget etc. Our "Terra Tamer" Buggy , although not in the same realm as this one cost a mere $3,500 to build, holds two people, is small enough to fit in the back of a truck, and gets tremendous fuel economy. The awesome buggy in the video obviously had different goals and a different budget. Here are some specs that I pulled from the video with the associated cost:

    • Fox 2" bybass shocks. $2,ooo
    • Springs?...$2,000 minimum
    • Honda CBR929rr engine $5,000 to $10,000
    • 1" Chromoly tubing?? $2,000 minimum
    • Axles $1,000
    • Bearings $500
    • Rod ends $500
    • Steering $1,000
    • etc. etc. etc. etc.
    Well, that's as far as I got on my list and they are mostly guesses and I didn't even include tires, rims, seats etc. etc.., but it's out of my price range anyways! I would guess $20,000 to $30,000. It's hard to swallow when you can get a dirt bike for $2,000 up to $7,000 for a new one that will take one person anywhere this will go and more. I would love to build a high end buggy such as this one day, but I can't see building one with less than 2 seats. I respect this builder for taking the time(3 years!) to build this. It took us two months to build ours, although my Rock Crawler took longer and both projects are ongoing. Having access to a mill, lathe, bender, welder etc. would be a requirement in addition to the $30,000 and 3 years! I dream of building things such as this, and once money permits, I believe I will, but in the meantime it has to be enough to sit back and drool!

    Related Links,