For the most recent off-road news, trail reports, tech articles, dirt bike tips and more...

    Be sure to visit us at our new site!!

    Our Custom Mini Rail, Pre-Season Tweaking

    Last summer we had a problem with the brake system on our
    "Terra Tamer" buggy. We finally got around to taking the
    necessary steps to fixing it and took it out on the lawn to test.

    In the picture below, you can see the old nylon brake line.
    not only were the fittings not reliable and hard to install, but
    the nylon gave a mushy feel at the pedal, and since the line was
    flexible it wandered near some moving parts of the engine that wore
    through the line causing it to fail.

    I don't know why we didn't do this before, but we bought some
    lengths of steel line at checker along with some couplers and ran
    steel line in place of the nylon. You do have to flare the steel line, but in
    the end it's easier to work with and more reliable.

    Of course we couldn't wait to test it out, so here we are again on our lawn giving a test...good thing too, since we had some carb issues that are now fixed.

    Related Links,